Sunday 14 October 2012

Meal Plan - 14/10/12 - 20/10/12

         Hey there, this is my second meal plan post. If you looked at my post from last week you may notice a few changes and also a few things the same. It's always a good idea to change things up as If you eat the same thing every week then there is a good chance that your going to find yourself craving foods that you shouldn't be eating. 

         I will generally speaking try and make sure I get a good mixture of different types of food so that I don't miss out on any of the good stuff that isn't found in everything you eat, this is why you will notice that I will always try and have various beef, turkey and chicken based meals throughout the week. It's also good to have some fish options as well because things like salmon contain lots of things that you won't find from regular meat. There is a lack of fish on my plan purely due to me not liking them, as a result of this I try and add things to my diet that contain things like omega 3 which is readily found in some fish but not many other things.

         You should also notice the introduction of protein shakes and power bars, the power bars are home made and are based on a recipe from a previous post found here. These two items are used to as a supplement to my exercise so when ever you see these it is because I plan on either doing some sport or going to the gym on that day, though I'll go into detail on why on a future post! As per my Friday lunch time is a treat and I'll be going for a pub lunch and my Saturday lunch is unknown as I'm playing hockey and our lunch is provided by the other team, however as this will be a high intensity day I can afford to have a less then healthy option!

         So that's it for this week, have a look and try to make one of your own. Leave my a comment on what you think of mine, or if you have any thoughts or questions!

Sunday:
B: Scrambled eggs
S: Banana
L: Pasta bake
S: Mixed nuts
D: Spaghetti Bolognese
S: Peanut Butter on Toast

Monday:
B: Porridge
S: Almonds
L: Sandwich + banana
S: Protein shake

D: Chicken + green veg

S: Blueberries with yogurt

Tuesday:
B: Scrambled eggs + toast
S: Orange
L: Spaghetti Bolognese
S: Protein shake
D: Chicken Curry
S: Banana

Wednesday:
B: Porridge
S: Raisins + almonds
L: Sandwich + Orange
S: Power Bar (see related post)
D: Blueberry and Banana Smoothie
S: Protein Shake

Thursday
B: Scrambled eggs + Toast
S: Almonds
L: Sandwich + orange
S: Raisins
D: Curry with Brown rice
S: Peanut Butter on Toast

Friday:
B: Porridge
S: Orange
L: Pub Lunch
S: Raisins
D: Turkey Stirfry
S: Milkshake

Saturday:
B: Banana + Blueberry Smoothie
S: Power Bar
L: Unknown
S: Protein Shake
D: Chicken pita wrap
S: Toast + Orange

B: Breakfast
L: Lunch
D: Dinner
S: Snack

No comments:

Post a Comment