Monday 7 January 2013

Meal Plan 06/01/13 - 12/01/13

I don't want to sound like someone who is Anti-Christmas or New year, but I couldn't be happier that the festive period is well and truly finished and our tree has been packed away. Don't get me wrong I love the celebrations, but trying to do anything becomes so much more difficult, especially eating well.
I love a bit of fruit!
I struggle to keep my eating clean not only because of the big days but because of lots of my family being born at this time of year (me included). But now that it's over and I've seen my last buffet / birthday cake I can get on the road to nutritional recovery! I'm pleased to say that I managed to get a good bit of exercise last week despite declaring New year's eve and day as a complete write off. I think a big swim, 2 good weights sessions and a hockey game (a satisfying 9-0 drubbing of our local rivals), is a good start to getting fit again and I feel noticeably lighter and healthier.


Looking back at last weeks meal plan, I managed to stick to it pretty well considering I didn't managed to go food shopping until Thursday, so apart from a bit of swapping of meals across the days I only missed out trying the Baked Potato skin's Pizza due to a Buffet for my Nan's 75 birthday party, so to make up for it I'm having it for Monday lunch!
Cajun Chicken
The other new entry last week, the Cajun chicken I did manage to make, and without exaggerating too much it may be the best meal I've made in weeks. While looking fairly dull it had a great mixture of creaminess and spice while also being filling and healthy! The original recipe can be found here and I really recommend this one enough!

Moving on to this week's meal plan, I've started early with my New Years resolutions by having a  fish meal on the list, I've heard good things about salmon and I don't think I've ever hated it that much so it is probably worth a go (I have a lot of pre made frozen meals in case I hate it though!) I've also added meatloaf though this one is purely out of curiosity as I always hear it mentioned on American TV shows! There is also a new breakfast choice with the spinach smoothie, this again is something I have read about for a long time and seen lots of great reviews so it is probably worth a look in! Smoothies and power bars make a return also as the hockey season restarts this week and I always feel my best when I have these before hand.


Sunday:
B: Muesli
S: Protein Shake
L: Omelette
S: Raisins
D: Meatballs with wholemeal bread
S: Orange


Monday:
B: Porridge with Honey
S: Walnuts
L: Baked Potato Skins
S: Protein Shake
D: Chicken stir fry
S: Almonds

Tuesday:

B: Scrammbled Eggs
S: Banana
L: Turkey Stirfry
S: Cranberries
D: Leek and Potato Soup
S: Peanut Butter on toast + Protein shake

Wednesday:
B: Porridge with Honey
S: Orange
L: Cajun Chicken
S: Power bar
D: Blueberry and Banana Smoothie
S: Almonds

Thursday
B: Spinach Smoothie
S: Cranberries
L: Pesto Salmon + veg
S: Protein shake
D: Chicken with veg and salad
S: Pistachio Nuts

Friday:
B: Scrambled Eggs
S: Raisins
L: Meatloaf
S: Protein Shake
D: Chicken Curry
S: Peanut Butter on toast

Saturday:
B: Blueberry and Banana Smoothie
S: Raisins
L: Chicken Pita's
S: Chocolate
D: Chicken Katsu
S: Walnuts

B: Breakfast
L: Lunch
D: Dinner
S: Snack

No comments:

Post a Comment